So Ryan has been dealing with a runny nose, dried boogie face, and persistent little cough for about two weeks off and on. I'm sure it doesn't help that we go from 80 degrees one day to 50 degrees the next then back to 80, then 50 again....not ideal. So last night was Chris's last night away for a soccer tournament over night (thank heavens!), and Ryan and I had an evening spent arguing over little things (like which cookies she wanted, the one with the frosting or to make ones from Nestle Tollhouse which she couldn't decide on and threw a fit over--ahhh, three year olds). Then I gave her some Benedryl before bed as the Dr. suggested and as we've done the past couple of nights to help her get to sleep.
This was followed by 6 full hours of the most terrible, lose your breath, think it might make you throw up, not sleeping with this cough you've seen. She was miserable. I was miserable. At one point (around midnight), we got up and turned on the computer to make sure we didn't need to be considering a trip to the ER in the middle of the night. (thank God we didn't). So after a few more puffs from the inhaler, some motrin (the girl's gonna be super sore from all the coughing), and another couple hours (I think it was nearly 2am) of sleeplessness and praying for God to help us, Ry finally fell asleep (me too I think...) from 2am until, you guessed it, her usual-6:15am!!! Her internal clock seriously needs adjusting! Surely she was tired, but she still got up, came in the living room (I slept on the couch so I couldhear her better if she was struggling to breathe--we tried my bed, but she doesn't sleep well in there anyway since it's unfamiliar) and announces, "Mom? I'm hungry."
So with half open eyes I fix up the Captain Crunch Berries (I know, they aren't real berries and so aren't really healthy, but whatever!) and attempt to lay back down on the couch. "Mom? Can I watch somethin?" (Tigger and Pooh miraculously appears). "Mom? I thought we were going to eat Crunch Berries together." (maybe in a little bit) "Mom? I need to go potty. Can you turn on two lights?" Who am I kidding I'm up--and might as well have some Crunch Berries too.
$250 Bucks and Worth Every Penny
2 months ago



2 comments:
Oh my gosh Kel...I hope you guys have a better night tongiht!! I know, sickness is NO fun and especially when you are by yourself!!! When is your spring break so I can get it on our calendar? That fun place is in Bellverde, so not to far away..yes, let's plan on it!! Are you coming back for Brandt's party? Just trying to get a head count, don't feel like you have to come..I understand the distance thing!! I'm thinkin about you all...this is a moment that you should be thankful for just one precious little girl..cause we have to deal with that x 3!!! Get some sleep!!!and here's to a better night!!!
Oh a glimpse into the future with all of Johnny's overnight rugby trips! I hope you guys got some rest last night and Miss Ryan's "dried up boogie face" (I love that description) gets better soon.
Post a Comment